JellyPages.com

VINTAGE!!!

| Friday, March 29, 2013 | |

So! Sophistique Noir's subject post for the moth is VINTAGE!!!

I am so excited, as I love vintage EVERYTHING!

My favorite vintage item has to be my 1915 era Oija board, which I picked up at a local antique mall for $15 about 12 years ago. Was I excited? YES! I was super excited! It is the centerpiece of my Talking Board collection.

I also have a VAST collection of vintage books. My favorite is this Vistorian era collection of books on how to morally raise your children. Also picked up at the antique mall, about ten years ago. I can't remember how much they cost, but with my budget, they must have been cheap!

I also have an EXTENSIVE library of beauty and etiquette books from pre-1970.

I hope you have enjoyed this tiny peek into my collection. If anyone shows any interest, there will be more to come!

5 comments:

Lenelein Says:
March 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Oh, I love the ouija board!

Magdalena Says:
April 1, 2013 at 6:01 AM

These books do look interesting, when have they been published? I have one Victorian book, too, but never managed to read it because I find it so boooring. I'm not really into sermons for priests, but I couldn't resist buying it at second-hand store for almost nothing :D
Have you used this ouija?:)

linnea-maria Says:
April 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Oh nice to have a collection of ouija's. But I'm a little scared of them, I've heard so many saying that using an ouija can open a portal to the spiritual world that is hard to close again.
I also collect old books, etiquette books says a lot of how people were presumed to behave back then :).

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) Says:
April 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I'm so happy that everyone was excited about this theme! :) I wish I had some vintage books. Your collection looks so fun. I'd love to see more of it in future posts. I'm especially interested in the beauty books, because it seems like in earlier times, beauty products, skin care techniques and such were so simple (and sometimes a little strange!).

Jade Says:
May 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Whoa! That Ouija board is simply adorable. :) Also, I'm getting my very own kicks about the old books, since I just love literature. ^^ BTW, I like your blog.

Have an adventurous spring!

Post a Comment