JellyPages.com

100 Day Song Challenge Day Two

| Thursday, January 23, 2014 | |
Day 02: A song from the first album you ever bought. (What was the album?)

When I was thirteen, I woke up one morning and was getting ready for school, as always with MTV on in the background. This video came on, with this gorgeous redheaded girl singing about being crucified. I stopped what I was doing and stared until the video wqas over. It was the first time in my entire life that I had been so affected by a song that I HAD to have the cassette. I couldn't wait one more day, so when I got off school that day, I made my dad drive me to the local indie record store and spent my hard-earned allowance on Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos. She was a huge part of my life for many years. So, in honor of Tori, the first song I ever heard by her, off the first album I ever bought.


0 comments:

Post a Comment